Monday, November 2, 2009

Beijing - Day One

Things to do tomorrow

April 14th, 2009

After traveling through a 12-hr time difference, 48 hours of waking up on 2 hours of sleep, a glass of wine, and a glass of caipirinha - Here's what I end up doing - writing poetry at 12:30 in the morning....Granted some of the references are rather specific and/or oblique... but hey!! It's my first night in China!

As I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
I pray I wake up fresh and nice
Have a glass of juice with no ice
There's things to do, and places to go
There's so much more that I don’t know
History loads must take place somehow
I have to write the code, just not now
Sequencers to build, and then to test
Field questions from the client, developers and the rest
Think on my feet, just pray I dont fall
And if I do, get up and stand tall
Kedar needs help on his Delivery job
And Jay needs to finish, and dont forget the OHUB
Extractors are now crashing
My hopes are now dashing
Make the date, or just push on.....
Did I miss something,
Or did I add some on
Two drinks and two hours of sleep
You think I'm thinking straight?
Heck, no - I'm done!

No comments: