Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beijing - Second Time Around - Pt 3


Beijing Times Two: "The closer you get, the bigger it gets" - Eric Lindenberg, May 10th, 2009
 Friday, May 15, 2009

I will explain that quote in a minute.

Saturday night - we'd done our favourite thing - Peking Duck at the Made in China! For me this will be the essence of my Chinese trips. 
But first I need to find my way to the Mutianyu Great Wall of China. Sunday dawned a little muggy. Saturday night we had decided to meet for breakfast at 6:30 and head to the Great Wall by 7:00 am. Having been to the Badaling section of the Great wall before, Kevin wanted to start out early to beat the hordes of tourists we knew would be on their way to see the wall. So at 7:00 am fortified with breakfast and take away cups of coffee, Eric, Kevin and I headed to the Great wall. The concierge negotiated a cab for us, that would take us there, and stay there until we finished and bring us back to the hotel.

The ride was beautiful. As soon as we left Beijing behind, we were in farmland. Trains, a few cars, little towns that strangely reminded me of little towns in India - we passed through all of them.

Me at the start of the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
































No comments: